Last Updated: December 22, 2022
LEXamples (hereinafter "LEXamples," “we,” “us,” or “our”) owns and operates www.LEXamples.com, (our “Site”), and provides related products and services (together with the Site, our “Services”) to users and subscribers. Please read our Terms and Conditions for detailed information about our Services and your legal obligations.
If after reading this Policy you have additional questions or would like further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect and process personal data only for lawful reasons, such as our legitimate business interests, your consent, or to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations. Information You Provide to Us Most of the information we collect is provided by you voluntarily while using our Services, for example:
- Name, email address, and any other contact information that you provide by filling out forms
- Billing information, such as credit card number and billing address
- Work or professional information, such as your company or job title
- Unique identifiers, such as username or password
- Demographic information, such as age, education, gender, interests, and ZIP code
- Details of transactions and preferences from your use of the Services
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following business purposes:
- Set up and administer your account
- Provide and improve the Services, including displaying content based on your previous transactions and preferences
- Answer your inquiries and provide customer service
- Marketing and advertising of our Services
- Prevent, discover, and investigate fraud, criminal activity, or violations of our Terms and Conditions
- Secure the Site and our Services
Information We Collect by Automated Means
You may disable cookies if your browser permits—the exact procedure will vary from browser to browser, but on most browsers the help section will tell you how to prevent your browser from automatically accepting cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether If you disable cookies, you may not be able to enjoy the full functionality of our Services
Analytics and Advertising
LEXamples uses Google Analytics and other analytics companies to provide a web analytics service to our Site. The information generated by your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by analytics companies on servers in the United States. LEXamples will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to Site activity and internet usage.
LEXamples also uses Google Analytics Demographics Reports and Remarketing to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show LEXamples ads on sites across the internet. LEXamples and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to the Site. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page here.
LEXamples uses your IP address to help diagnose server problems, and to administer our website. LEXamples uses your IP addresses to analyze trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Every time you access the Site, some data is temporarily stored and processed in a log file, such as your IP addresses, the browser types, the operating systems, the recalled page, or the date and time of the recall. This data is only evaluated for statistical purposes, such as to help us diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our sites, or to improve our Services.
For more information on how to control or limit cookies and similar technologies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- With service providers under contract to help provide the Services and assist us with our business operations (such as our direct marketing, payment processing, and fraud investigations)
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect rights or safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If LEXamples is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; in such a case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any change in ownership, or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data There may be other instances where we share your personal data with third parties based upon your consent.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal data, contact us. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary only to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
All information you provide is stored on a secure server, and LEXamples follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data we process both during transmission and once received. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Absolute security of your information cannot be guaranteed, and any transmission of data is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on the Site, contact us.
YOUR RIGHTS/OPT OUT
Depending on your location, you may have certain rights regarding your personal data, including:
- You may request access to your personal data and obtain information about our processing of your personal data, with whom we share your personal data, and your rights
- You may request that we restrict our processing of your personal data
- You may object to our processing of your personal data
- Where we process personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent
- You may correct personal data that is inaccurate and have incomplete personal data completed.
- You may request that we delete your personal data or return or provide a copy of it to you. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. You may correct, update, amend, delete/remove, or deactivate your account and personal data by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject heading “Action Re. Account Information.”
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
NOTE TO PARENTS OR GUARDIANS
Our Services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly or intentionally solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. We reserve the right to delete any child’s information or registration.
HOW TO CONTACT US
LEXamples is the controller of your personal data and determines the purposes and means by which such personal data is processed, subject to applicable law.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org